MUNICIPAL BEACH AND BOAT LAUNCH
Lake Manitou Municipal Beach (located at the Ivry crossroad).
- The municipal beach is reserved exclusively for residents of Ivry-sur-le-Lac.
- The beach is open at all times.
- There is no lifeguard on duty; children must be supervised by a responsible
person at all times.
- Dogs (and other domestic pets) are forbidden.
Lake Manitou Boat Launch (located at the Ivry crossroad) - Bylaw # 2011-040
- Public access to Lake Manitou is permitted from 8 :30 to 16 :30.
- A daily rate is charged to all persons who are neither property owners or renters in Ivry-sur-le-Lac and who wish to use a motorboat* on Lake Manitou.
* Jet-ski type of motorboat and wake boat are forbidden .
- Ivry-sur-le-Lac property owners and renters who wish to use a motorboat or jet-ski on Lake Manitou must attach a decal each year, available for purchase at the Ivry-sur-le-Lac Town Hall.
- Subject to a $20 deposit, residents of Ivry-sur-le-Lac can obtain a key for the main entry gate of the boat launch, in order to have access at all times..
Water Safety on Lake Manitou- applicable Laws
Lake Manitou is covered by Annex in the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 insofar as concerns speed limits for motorboats and jet-skis as well as for the permissible hours for waterskiing, etc.
Speed Limit on Lake Manitou
Annex 6 - Section 3 (Quebec)
- Article 50: Lake Manitou outside the zones indicated in articles 51 to 53 – Maximum speed of 55 km/hr
- Article 51: Within 23 m of the shore of Lake Manitou – Maximum speed of 10 km/hr
- Article 52: Lake Manitou between the North Bay and Adams Point – Maximum speed of 10 km/hr
- Article 53: Lake Manitou in the narrows around the island locally referred to as McCall Island– Maximum speed of 10 km/hr
Permissible hours for waterskiing, etc
Annex 7 - Section 5 (Quebec)
- Article 51: from 10 :00 to noon and from 16 :00 to 19 :00